Eva GABRIELOVÁ (PhD, Ing.)
Department of Medical Chemistry
775 15 Olomouc
- Biological activity of natural substances, plant extracts (in vitro and in vivo); antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity; perfusion of heart, preconditioning and postconditioning of heart; cardioprotective effect of polyphenols
2010 – present
junior researcher – Department of Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry/ Institute of Molecular and Translational Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Palacky University, Olomouc
Education and Postgraduate Training:
2006 – 2010
Ph.D. in Department of Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Faculty of
Medicine, Palacký University, Olomouc
The topic of thesis: Mechanisms of regulation of mitochondrial protein expression.
2001 – 2006
Chemical Faculty of Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
Programme: Chemistry and food technology
Department: Food chemistry and biotechnology.
Course Oxygraph O2k (Oroboros, Austria)
Complete training in real-time PCR at TATAA Biocenter (Tataabiocenter, Prague)
Qualifying examination according to § 17 of the Act No. 246/1992 coll on Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, as amended (VFU, Brno)
2006 – 2007
Workshops: Basic procedures of microorganisms cultivation, The technology of the biomass isolation, Methods of biomass desintegration (UP, Olomouc)
In vivo fluorescent microscopy of the cells and metazoan organisms (Plzeň)
Course HACCP-BRC Global Food (Konfirm, s.r.o., Brno)
Course ISO 9001 (Konfirm, s.r.o., Brno)
2007 – present
Seminar of Biochemistry (Faculty of Medicine, Palacký University Olomouc)
2006 – 2014
Seminar of Medical Chemistry (Faculty of Medicine, Palacký University Olomouc)
2006 – present
Czech Chemical Society
2009 – present
Czech Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
38th FEBS Congress (Sankt Petersburg, Russia) – refund of congress fee and accommodation
9th Young Scientist Forum (Praha) – refund of all expenditure (student fee, accommodation including 34th FEBS Congress)
32nd FEBS Congress (Wien, Austria) – refund of student fee and accommodation
Grant Projects (current):
Project GACR 16-16667S – Objasnění mechanismu kardioprotektivních účinků polyfenolů
- Original papers (10)
- Review (1)
- 5 most important:
- Modriansky M and Gabrielova, E: Uncouple my heart: the benefits of inefficiency. Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes, 41:(2), p. 133-136, 2009.
- Gabrielova E, Jaburek, M, Gazak, R, Vostalova, J, Jezek, J, Kren, V, and Modriansky, M: Dehydrosilybin attenuates the production of ROS in rat cardiomyocyte mitochondria with an uncoupler-like mechanism. Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes, 42:(6), p. 499-509, 2010.
- Skopalik J, Polakova, K, Havrdova, M, Justan, I, Magro, M, Milde, D, Knopfova, L, Smarda, J, Polakova, H, Gabrielova, E, Vianello, F, Michalek, J, and Zboril, R: Mesenchymal stromal cell labeling by new uncoated superparamagnetic maghemite nanoparticles in comparison with commercial Resovist – an initial in vitro study. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 9:(p. 5355-5372, 2014.
- Gabrielova E, Zholobenko AV, Bartosikova L, Necas J, Modriansky M: Silymarin Constituent 2,3-Dehydrosilybin Triggers Reserpine-Sensitive Positive Inotropic Effect in Perfused Rat Heart. Plos On, 10: (9), 2015. DOI: 1371/journal.pone.0139208. Article Number: e0139208.
- Gabrielova E, Bartosikova L, Necas J, Modriansky M: Cardioprotective effect of 2,3-dehydrosilybin preconditioning in isolated rat heart. Fitoterapia, 132, p. 12-21, 2019.
Recent Active and Invited Presentations (conferences, meetings):
Gabrielova E, Bartosikova L, Necas J, Modriansky M: Cardioprotective effect of dehydrosilybin preconditioning in isolated rat heart. 20th European Bioenergetics Conference. 25. – 30. 8. 2018, Budapest, Hungary.
Gabrielova E, Bartosikova L, Necas J, Modriansky M: Cardioprotection by 2,3-dehydrosilybin is mediated by signalosomes. 19th International Conference on Oxidative Stress, Redox Homeostasis & Antioxidants: Paris Redox 2017. 25. 6. – 30. 6. 2017, Paris, France.
Gabrielova E, Bartosikova L, Necas J, Modriansky M: Protective role of dehydrosilybin in preconditioned heart. 11th World Congress on Polyphenols Applications.
20. – 21. 6. 2017, Vienna, Austria.
Gabrielova E, A. Zholobenko, L. Bartošíková, J. Nečas, V. Křen a M. Modrianský: 2,3-dehydrosilybin enhances catecholamine effect in myocardial cells. 18th European Bioenergetics Conference. 11. – 18. 7. 2014, Lisabon, Portugal.
Gabrielova E, L. Bartošíková, J. Nečas, V. Křen, M. Jabůrek and M. Modrianský: Adrenergic-like effect of 2,3-dehydrosilybin on perfused adult rat heart. 38th FEBS Congress. 6. – 11. 7. 2013, Sankt Petersburg, Russia.
Prize for scientific publication awarded by Dean of Faculty of Medicine, Palacký University Olomouc for Gabrielova E, Zholobenko AV, Bartosikova L, Necas J, Modriansky M: Silymarin Constituent 2,3-Dehydrosilybin Triggers Reserpine-Sensitive Positive Inotropic Effect in Perfused Rat Heart. Plos On, 10: (9), 2015.