Daniel Riman PhD
Department of Medical Chemistry
775 15 Olomouc
- Electroanalytical chemistry of biologically active compounds, modification of electrode surface by metal nanoparticles, development of analytical methods (analysis of environmental polutants and biologically active compounds), application of electrochemical sensors in flow‑through cells (HPLC, FIA).
2020 – present
junior researcher – Department of Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Palacky University, Olomouc
2014 – 2019
junior researcher – Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Palacky University, Olomouc
Education and Postgraduate Training:
2013 – 2018
Ph.D. in Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty ofScience, Palacky University, Olomouc
The topic of thesis: Research and devolopment of electrochemical sensors and their application in detection systems.
2007 – 2013
Faculty of Science, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Programme: Analytical chemistry
Department: Analytical chemistry.
2016 – 2019
Seminar of Chemistry (Faculty of Science, Palacký University Olomouc)
2014 – 2016
Practicals of Instrumental methods (Faculty of Science, Palacký University Olomouc)
Practicals in Analytical chemistry (Faculty of Science, Palacký University Olomouc)
Grant Projects (current):
2019 – present
Project Czech Science Foundation 19-21237Y – New electrochemical approaches for study of modified fatty acids and their biomolecular interactions
- Original papers (14)
- 5 most important:
- Riman, D., Jirovsky, D., Hrbac, J., and Prodromidis, M. I. (2015) Green and facile electrode modification by spark discharge: Bismuth oxide-screen printed electrodes for the screening of ultra-trace Cd(II) and Pb(II), Electrochem Commun 50, 20-23.
- Riman, D., Avgeropoulos, A., Hrbac, J., and Prodromidis, M. I. (2015) Sparked-bismuth oxide screen-printed electrodes for the determination of riboflavin in the sub-nanomolar range in non-deoxygenated solutions, Electrochim Acta 165, 410-415.
- Riman, D., Bartosova, Z., Halouzka, V., Vacek, J., Jirovsky, D., and Hrbac, J. (2015) Facile preparation of nanostructured copper-coated carbon microelectrodes for amperometric sensing of carbohydrates, Rsc Adv 5, 31245-31249.
- Riman, D., Spyrou, K., Karantzalis, A. E., Hrbac, J., and Prodromidis, M. I. (2017) Glucose sensing on graphite screen-printed electrode modified by sparking of copper nickel alloys, Talanta 165, 466-473.
- Riman, D., Prodromidis, M. I., Jirovsky, D., and Hrbac, J. (2019) Low-cost pencil graphite-based electrochemical detector for HPLC with near-coulometric efficiency, Sensor Actuat B-Chem 296.
Recent Active and Invited Presentations (conferences, meetings, last 5 years):
Heyrovsky Discussion on Electrochemistry of Organic Comppounds and Biopolymers, Liblice, Czech Republic: Daniel Riman, Jan Rozsypal, Mamas I. Prodromidis, David Jirovsky, Jana Skopalova and Jan Hrbáč: Low-Cost Pencil Graphite-Based Electrochemical Detector for HPLC: Application for Antipsychotic Drugs Detection (2019)
Prize for young electroanalytical chemist by Czech chemical society for best publication in year 2019: Riman, D., Prodromidis, M. I., Jirovsky, D., and Hrbac, J. (2019) Low-cost pencil graphite-based electrochemical detector for HPLC with near-coulometric efficiency, Sensor Actuat B-Chem 296.